As an expanding and developing family team we are presently looking to recruit a solicitor of at least 2 years PQE to join us. Applications are invited from candidates with experience of dealing with privately and publicly funded clients and a mixed family case load including divorce, cohabitation disputes, finances as well as private and public child law matters. You must be comfortable using your own initiative supported by and part of a strong department. The ideal candidate will be a confident advocate and have a working knowledge of case management systems.
You would be joining a legal practice established in the late 19th century operating from offices in Sunderland City centre and Seaham with a strong regional and national client base and reputation. We take pride in providing our clients with clear and authoritative advice in all areas and in striving to provide a positive client experience and outcome.
Package and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
We are a well-established independent and forward thinking law firm situated in Sunderland and Seaham and are looking to appoint a corporate/commercial solicitor to join its expanding Commercial team.
To provide high quality legal advice, assistance and advocacy for clients of the firm and contribute to maintaining high standards of client care
- To provide an ongoing service to existing clients
- To develop new business
- To develop and enhance the commercial team
- To meet fee income in line with targets and agreed objectives
- To take client instructions and provide legal advice and assistance
- Where appropriate running a caseload of client matters in accordance with Quality Procedures Manual, SRA Code, LAA Contract, Lexcel, CQS and SQM requirements
- To represent clients at Court where appropriate
- If applicable, supervision of staff
- To undertake designated management responsibilities where appropriate
- To deal with client enquiries
- To undertake legal research and maintain legal knowledge through training in accordance with CPD with regulations
- To contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
- To contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures
- To ensure compliance with Equality and Diversity Policy
- Any other duties which from time to time are required by the firm
Skills and knowledge:
- Educated to Law Degree Standard and admitted as a solicitor
- Ability to work to a consistently high standard with minimal supervision and lead where appropriate
- The ability to communicate well with clients, colleagues and other Solicitors, authorities, organisations etc
- Experience of nurturing relationships with key clients at all levels
- Capable advocate
- Computer literate
- Driving Licence
- 3-5 years PQE experience in corporate/commercial law
Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of corporate/commercial law