We are a well-established independent and forward thinking law firm situated in Sunderland and Seaham and are looking to appoint a receptionist to work between our two offices.
Your role would include:-
• Receiving and directing incoming telephone calls in an efficient and friendly manner
• Receiving clients and visitors to the practice
• Maintaining the firm’s diary system in accordance with laid down procedures
• Assisting with the processing of both incoming and outgoing post
• Updating databases and spreadsheets
• Redirecting internal faxes, sending faxes
• Maintaining stationery supplies in the interview rooms and literature in the reception area
• Accepting payments and issuing receipts
• Testing fire, intruder and panic alarms at regular intervals
• Maintaining the reception area so that it presents a good impression to clients and visitors
• Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
• Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures
Any other duties which from time to time are reasonably required by the firm
The ideal candidate will have a welcoming manner and excellent verbal communication skills, strong customer care focus and a genuine desire to provide excellent service to all of the firm’s clients and visitors.
You will need a good general standard of education - typically 5 G.C.S.E or equivalent passes at A* - C, sound keyboard skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Previous experience in a similar environment whilst a distinct advantage is not essential.