Senior Receptionist Vacancy
We are looking to appoint a senior receptionist to provide an effective and welcoming reception service within the firm at both Sunderland and Seaham offices.
Your Key Tasks will be:-
1. To co-ordinate the Reception function at Sunderland and Seaham offices.
2. Receiving and directing incoming telephone calls in an efficient and friendly manner
3. Receiving clients and visitors to the practice
4. Maintaining the firm’s diary system in accordance with laid down procedures
5. Assisting with the processing of both incoming and outgoing post
6. Updating databases and spreadsheets
7. Redirecting internal faxes, sending faxes
8. Maintaining stationery supplies in the interview rooms and literature in the reception area
9. Accepting payments and issuing receipts
10. Testing fire, intruder and panic alarms at regular intervals
11. Maintaining the reception area so that it presents a good impression to clients and visitors
12. File management is in accordance with Quality Procedures Manual, SRA Code, LAA Contract, Lexcel, CQS, WIQS and Lexcel requirements, as appropriate.
13. Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
14. Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures
15. Compliance with Equality and Diversity Policy
16. Any other duties which from time to time are required by the firm
Skills and knowledge • Welcoming manner and excellent verbal communication skills
• Strong customer care focus and a genuine desire to provide excellent service to all of the firm’s clients and visitors
• Good general standard of education - typically 5 G.C.S.E or equivalent passes at A* - C
• Sound keyboard skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and Access.
Experience • At least 6 years’ experience as a Senior Receptionist in a legal practice is essential. This role will require frequent travel between Sunderland and Seaham offices.